May 21, 2010, 2010
Isaac Alp Bradley
Sir I have a question.
As some one from the west and as an American, all my news is filtered through national news organizations’ that only cover violence and politics from there prospective with little in-depth analysis in to the subject being discussed.
It is true most western media is biased to the view point of Muslim leadership in the world and this is known as liberalism (or the view point of the Obama administration and the BBC).
I have a few questions that I would ask you in order to enhance my education.
1. My doctor told me the Qur’an does not explicitly forbid images of Muhammad, but there are a few additional traditions added later, is this true? Are you aware that there is an image of Muhammad on the wall of the Supreme Court of the United States and has been there since 1930?
2. Do Muslim families weep when a daughter is born? My news sources do cover bad or unflattering news of the middle East but only in passing, most of the news is only about terrorism and how it is our (the west’s) fault, we also hear in detail how it is all Israel’s fault for a lack of middle eastern peace.
But when I see a news article on acid thrown on little girls and girl’s schools blown up or some young girl receiving lashes or being stoned to death because she was raped, and of honour killings because she embarrassed the family.
I have a difficult time wrapping my mind around such things, and when I see a news article about Muslim women being publicly groped or otherwise sexually harassed, I wonder if being born a woman in a Muslim nation is Gods punishment or even a version of hell.
3. A Muslim acquaintance of mine once told me all things are God’s will, so I asked if God did not want us to think why do we have a brain, or if the United States is the great Satin why would God allow America to exist?
4. As I understand it; Islam, Christianity and Judaism all pray to the same God is that not true?
5. As some one versed in the Christian faith it is my understanding, God is all powerful and is in no need of my help only in my obedience, is that not true in Islam? If that is true why is any one killing any one in the name of God?
6. I read an article in a news publication that stated that it is the goal of Islam to incrementally change Europe and even America until Sharia law is in effect, is this true?
I have noticed that in Germany and England and the rest of Europe have gone out of the way to appease Muslims and the more the local Muslims get the more they ask for, but there is no equal appeasement for Christians or Jews.
7. I have read that in Muslim nations teach that the Holocaust did not happen even though it is well documented, if the holocaust did not happen then was Persia ever a great empire or did Arabs invent algebra?
Once one part of history is denied how can the rest of history be safe guarded?
8. If an Islamic teacher knowingly tells a false hood (lie) for political gain or to achieve a political effect and people die is that a sin?
9. Is there any educated person in the Muslim world who thinks that any one in the west wants to have a Crusade?
I would be willing to bet out of the entire population of Europe and the United States combined we could not fill up a large buss with people who would be willing to put there own life on the line for such a thing.
10. Can there ever be peace between Islam and the rest of the world?
Thank you for your time and understanding.
Isaac Alp Bradley
Al Jazeera English
PO Box 23127
Doha – Qatar
Embassy of Pakistan
Interests Section of the Islamic Republic of Iran
2209 Wisconsin Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007
Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
601 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037
P.O Box 4598 - Culver City, CA 90231-4598
The Middle East Forum
1500 Walnut St. Suite 1050
Philadelphia, PA 19102
International Coordination Office
PO Box 28445, London, N19 5NZ, UK
The Daily Telegraph
111 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT
Guardian News and Media
90 York Way
The Jerusalem Post